Greetings Knit-a-thon Team Member!
Thanks SO VERY much for joining in on the Knit for Food Knit-a-thon! We have 14 days until April 11th. We have raised over $130k and with 2 weeks to go I cannot wait to see what we are going to accomplish.
Don't forget we have a Facebook Group to keep ourselves motivated and sharing ideas! We are doing this TOGETHER!!!
1. When you signed up you should have received an e-mail with some initial tips and tricks for fundraising. Please let us know if you didn't get that and/or want to have us resend it. That is easy peasy! Weekly group e-mails are linked at the bottom to make it easy to find information already sent out.
2. The schedule for April 11th is being worked on! As of right now I have speakers from all 4 organizations we are raising funds for so we can learn more about them, a few knitting experts, a yoga knitting instructor, a physical therapist and a knitting ergonomics expert, along with some other fun treats. I AM building breaks into the day, our goal is to knit for 12 hours, not not to be on zoom for 12 hours!!!!
3. The best way to get donations is to send an e-mail to your friends and family... do not forget the people you have knit for! It sounds like many of you are having great luck raising funds this way.
4. We have a press release, please let me know if you need that to share with your work (many employers have newsletters and will be happy to share), or a local news source... with two weeks to go now is the time to get the news out!
5. In my latest log I announced I'll be randomly selecting someone to win this Contexta Afghan from all signed up team members and donors (not just to those that donated in my name...). That means one of your donors (or you) might win it! I know many of you are raffling off a piece of their knitting to their donors... EXCELLENT!
The most important thing we can do right now is GROW the number of knitters joining in and fundraising! We'll do that by YOU sharing YOUR participation and inviting others to join YOU and/or support YOUR knitting effort! The more people participate, the more money we raise and that means more food gets to people who need it.
Huge Thanks Friends!