A Unique Kit and Virtual Knitting Experience! November 13th-15th, 2020
If you aren't on my mailing list, please sign up so you hear about future events!
Due to COVID, this year's Knit Ithaca is going to be a little different. Since no one has to travel, many more of you will be able to attend at a more affordable price! Win-Win!
A HUGE part of Knit Ithaca is the IthaKit!!!!
Previous Knit Ithaca's have included a unique-to-retreat kit. This year your boxed kit, shipped directly to your door, will be carefully curated to contain all you need to have a fun weekend with Laura and Lola.
Yarn(s) and beads for this year's retreat design, Mythaca, are included, as well as many other super special goodies I've been collecting for you from Fingerlakes makers and businesses.
To help support these local artisans, everything has been purchased; no solicited donations or freebies allowed.
If you have experienced previous retreats, you can imagine how special this box is going to be. It will even include part of what you need for the Cooking with Lola session!
There are a limited number of kits and when they sell out, the retreat is full! So please don't delay in signing up!
Kits will ship by October 26th so you have them in time... please sign up as soon as possible to help with preparation and ordering!
Domestic (US) kits will ship USPS Priority Mail with tracking.
International kits will ship USPS First Class Mail, $36/Canada, $50/Rest of the World
PLEASE DO NOT OPEN UNTIL LOLA SAYS SO! We will have a fun UNBOXING EVENT the first night of the retreat. Part of the fun will be opening them up together on ZOOM!
Schedule for ZOOM events- (subject to slight change!)
(links to the events will be posted in a private portal the week before the event)
Friday November 13th- 7 - 11pm ET
- Welcome, UNBOXING event, Mythaca retreat design reveal!
- Special Guests: Reveal of the LADIES BEHIND THE YARN(?!) for this year's IthaKit. Learn all about the yarn!
- Cider Lecture and REAL TIME TASTING with Redbyrd Orchard Cider makers Eric Schatt and Deva Maas
- Open Knit Night Zoom Room(s?) My favorite part of Knit Ithaca / IthaKnit is hanging out and knitting with y'all. This is our virtual way of doing it this year. Totally optional.
Saturday November 14th-
Morning Session 9am ET (Approx. 2 hours)
Afternoon Smaller Sessions- 11 - 3:30pm ET
- 1 hour LIVE Knit Q&A with Laura. You'll be assigned a specific 1 hour window for a smaller group Zoom.
Happy Hour in the kitchen with Lola!- 4pm ET
- LIVE Cooking with Lola! You will be sent an ingredient list ahead of time (for items NOT included in the IthaKit) if you want to cook your dinner with Lola. This will probably be Lola's favorite part of the retreat, who doesn't want their own cooking show???
Evening Activities- 7pm ET
- Virtual Local Marketplace... Join Laura and her local maker friends!
- Open Knit Night Zoom Room(s)
Sunday November 15th- 1pm ET (Approx. 2 hours)
- Indigo Dyeing Class with Sarah Gotowka of Luna Fiber Arts
- LIVE Q and A with Sarah and Laura
- Fashion Show/Show and Tell (you will be asked to "sign up" for this!)
I will attempt to keep to the schedule announced, but due to circumstances outside of my control we might need to deviate from the schedule. In the unlikely event that this should happen members will be notified in a very timely manner.